M25 North Ockendon
Post to the north Thames Chase Forest Centre
Post to the west Cranham Marsh
Post to the south North Ockendon
7-8 cottages built around 1870
St Mary’s Church of England School. This is now Bell House and Benyon House. In 1842 here a day-school and teacher's house were built by subscription on land in Church Lane owned by Richard Benyon de Beauvoir, lord of the manor. The family remained owners of the school. There are two large school rooms with boys and girls entrances either side. It was rebuilt in 1902 by James Benyon, It was bomb damaged in 1944 and the county council suggested its closure. It remained open, however but has since closed.
Reading Room Cottages. This wis the Parish Reading Room, a gift of Richard Benyon. Vestry meetings were held there from 1906 to 1910
Garden walls to former North Ockendon Hall 16th and later
Remembrance Cottages. These houses were conveyed to trustees in 1930 by Champion Branfill Russell of Stubbers, as almshouses.
Clay Tye Hill. This is part of Thames Chase Forest
The village was once known as 'Bishop's Ockendon'. It is the only place in Greater London which is outside the M25. The Poynz family owned it a descendent of whom, John Morris, was arraigned before the House of Lords in 1647 for forging his titles to North Ockendon.
Ockenden Kennels. Greyhound Kennels including a greyhound track. It was the site of the Romford Greyhound Owners’ Association retired dogs home.
Cranham Place. This was originally a Manor, consisting of a house, a barn, & a stable. The Manor House was burnt down and was rebuilt as flats. The barn next to the house has been restored & converted into a bungalow as have the stables
Brentford Council. Web site
British History Online. Web site
Domesday Reloaded. Web site
Havering Council. Web site