Thames Tributary Mayes Brook
The Mayes Brook flows south west towards the River Roding.
Post to the south Mayesbrook Park
Post to the west Seven Kings
Post to the north Goodmayes
The Bungalow Estate. This area, with some bungalows with barge boarded gables, covers an area with many Scottish street names developed by Cameron Corbett in the 1900s. There are no garages and, being near Ilford, people park in what were front gardens.
This ancient road ran from Barking town to Becontree Heath and in the 15th was ‘Goodmaistrete’. Now called Goodmayes Lane, it runs from Longbridge
All Saints Church. Built 1912-13 by P.K. Allen of Tunbridge Wells. It is in brown brick with a little bell tower. Inside is a War Memorial and the organ case said to come from Sandringham with gothic painted decoration on the pipes and flowing ironwork. The timber pulpit came from the earlier church. It was consecrated in 1913, and became a parish in 1914
Hall. This was the original church built in 1909 and it is pebble dashed in and Arts and Crafts style.
Vicarage. Big house with angled bay windows.
Mayespark Primary School. This was built as Mayfield Secondary School.
Oaklea Lodge. Anchor Trust care home
Goodmayes Park. Goodmayes Park was opened in 1905. The original portion was given to the urban district by Corbett, developer of much of the local area. There is a plaque describing how trees were planted by Ilford Men of the Trees to commentate George VI coronation. Lake fed by the Mayesbrook and acts as a balancing pond for the stream. The southern separate section is mainly given over to sports
Two houses built with bricks from Parsloes Manor by the London County Council
Becontree Primary School
Becontree Children’s Centre. Built in sustainable timber by Cazenove Architects 2006