Thames Tributary- St. John’s Stream diversion.- Farningham Road
The St.John's Stream curves west and north
Post to the north Sutton at Hone
Post to the east South Darenth
Post to the south Dartford Road
Post to the west Farningham Road Homefield
Beside a farm machinery depot is a track leading down to the St John's stream, via old water-cress beds
Farningham Road and Sutton at Hone Station.1860 opened by the London, Chatham and Dover Railway as ‘Farningham and Sutton’. They also ran a bus service into Dartford. It was called ‘Farningham Road and Sutton at Hone’ and then in 1871 ‘Farningham Road’. Not near anywhere and lost in a draughty field. It is one of a number of surviving examples of typical LCDR station architecture. The station was part of the company's push to the capital. It was built of light-coloured brick of the company, and white pasting. The main station building was on the ''up'' side, of two storeys backing onto a steep approach way and incorporating accommodation for the Station Master. On its western side was a single-track brick- goods shed. On the ''down'' side was a two-storey high water tower. This lost its tank in 1939 and its large brick base was reused in the waiting room
Corus building –site of Goods facilities - a through building with a wagon turntable at its western end and a lengthy siding
Two sidings on the ''up'' side, but to the east of the station building.
Siding on the ''down'' side,
Signal box of Saxby & Farmer design, in place in 1886 for the Gravesend West branch
Siding, 1886 for the Gravesend West line.
Single-track connection with an adjacent chalk pit
Frog Lane Mill, Sutton at Hone – sited about quarter of a mile west of the Horton Kirby Mill on the westerly diversion of the river. The yellow brick mill and cottages were on the north side of the lane and the mill pond stretched south to the railway – and used by skaters. 19th corn mill with a cast iron breast shot waterwheel of 10 by 6 feet. The mill had closed by 1914 before which it was grinding pig food.. The upper storeys were demolished in February 1936, leaving the brick base, waterwheel and some machinery. These had been cleared away by June 1965
Chapel Field Cottages