A number of tributary streams rise in this area and flow north west to Cobbins Brook
Post to the north Pick Hill
Post to the west Waltham Abbey
Post to the south M25 Junction 25 High Beech
Post to the east Upshirebury
Honey Lane Hospital. This was an isolation hospital built in 1905 for Buckhurst Hill, Chingford and Waltham Cross. It has three wards and included a farm and its own sewage disposal plant. By 1934 it included Chigwell, Wanstead as well as Loughton, and Epping and had expanded to 130 beds. New buildings included a nursing home, a laundry and a water tower. Under the NHS it became part of the North East Metropolitan Regional Hospital Board and was the second largest hospital in the Group. As the threat of diphtheria diminished so some beds were used for TB patients. In 1952 it was renamed Honey Lane Hospital and began to admit general medical cases but by 1980 wards were used for geriatric patients and by 1982 the Hospital had 73 beds for long stay patients and GP cases. The Hospital closed in 1986. The site was sold. The buildings demolished for new houses which now cover most of the area between its site and Ninefields.
Ninefields RoadNinefields Estate; local authority housing built in the early 1970s.
Upshire Primary Foundation School. The school dates from 1939 but has been greatly extended since. The school originated with a school opened in 1853 and maintained by Sir Thomas F. Buxton at Warlies. In 1877 it was transferred to the Waltham school board. In 1939 it was moved to its present site and became a juniors and infants school in 1951.
Upshire Hall. 18th red brick building. This was once called South End and was a farm house
Southend Farm. 17th Farmhouse in red brick. Fishing lakes nearby.
Warlies Park Farm. Farmhouse with barn and dairy converted to housing.