Thames Tributary Wandle - the Bourne Tributary. Whyteleafe
see
http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2009/08/londonsurrey-boundary-whyteleafe-hill.html
then
http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2009/08/londonsurrey-boundarygodstone-road.html
then
Thames Tributaries – the River Wandle
The Bourne tributary continues to flow north west parallel and south of Godstone Road
Post to the north Kenley
Post to the east Rose and Crown
Bourne View Gardens
Church Road
All Saints church. 1872. The church stands on a steep slope on a man-made standing. Designed by H.W.Fowler. It was extended for Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee and again in 1901 because of population growth. War memorial in the porch for the Great War only.
Church Hall
Hayes Lane
Watendone Manor. Before Domesday Watendone was a separate manor. It passed through a number of hands and the current house was built in the early 20th by the then owner.
Godstone Road
Water Works. In 1885 the Kenley Water Company became part of the East Surrey Company. Site rebuilt in 1989.
Welcomes Road
Welcomes Farm. Stood in the area, the owners paid for the road to be built.
Zigzag Road
Descriptive road name
see
http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2009/08/londonsurrey-boundary-whyteleafe-hill.html
then
http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2009/08/londonsurrey-boundarygodstone-road.html
then
Thames Tributaries – the River Wandle
The Bourne tributary continues to flow north west parallel and south of Godstone Road
Post to the north Kenley
Post to the east Rose and Crown
Bourne View Gardens
Church Road
All Saints church. 1872. The church stands on a steep slope on a man-made standing. Designed by H.W.Fowler. It was extended for Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee and again in 1901 because of population growth. War memorial in the porch for the Great War only.
Church Hall
Hayes Lane
Watendone Manor. Before Domesday Watendone was a separate manor. It passed through a number of hands and the current house was built in the early 20th by the then owner.
Godstone Road
Water Works. In 1885 the Kenley Water Company became part of the East Surrey Company. Site rebuilt in 1989.
Welcomes Road
Welcomes Farm. Stood in the area, the owners paid for the road to be built.
Zigzag Road
Descriptive road name
Comments