Thursday, 3 December 2009

The London/Essex boundary - Hainault

TQ 44 92
The London/ Redbridge /Essex boundary goes east south of Bracken Drive and Murtwell Drive. It crosses Fencepiece Road and turns south east along the northern end of Brookside. It then follows to the rear the V shape of Limes Avenue and Copper Avenue

Post to the west Claybury
Post to the north Grange Hill
Post to the east Hainault
Post to the south Fulwell Cross

Sites on the London, Redbridge side of the boundary

Anne Way
One of a large group of Tudor road names here

Aragon Drive
One of a large group of Tudor road names here

Boleyn Way
One of a large group of Tudor road names here

Brunswick Gardens,
Appears to be an intruder among a large group of Tudor road names here

Cardinal Drive
One of a large group of Tudor road names here

Cleeves Walk.
One of a large group of Tudor road names here

Franklyn Gardens
Baptist Church. Hainault Baptist church started in 1938. During the war meetings were held in the pavilion of a playing field and then in the home of a member. A tent mission resulted in a large increase in membership, a minister was appointed, and in 1948 a church was built

Hanover Gardens
Appears to be an intruder among a large group of Tudor road names here

Katherine Gardens
One of a large group of Tudor road names here

Montfort Gardens
Appears to be an intruder among a large group of Tudor road names here

Shakespeare Square
One of a large group of Tudor road names here

Tudor Crescent
One of a large group of Tudor road names here

Wolsey Gardens
One of a large group of Tudor road names here

Sites on the Essex side of the boundary

Copperfield
Limes Farm Estate managed by Epping District Council. Previously camp for American soldiers

Fencepiece Road
107 Old Maypole Pub
Limes Avenue
Limes Farm Estate managed by Epping District Council

No comments: