Post to the east Ealing Commom
This was once called Denmark Road.
This road is now covered by the Broadway Centre
8 Ealing National Spiritualist Church. Now demolished
10 Foresters Inn. This was also called the Foresters Arms. Opened in 1861 and now demolished.
This road was built in early 1900s to provide a link from the centre to Ealing Green.
14-16 YMCA. This is what was previously called St George’s Hall. Façade with carved foundation and memorial stones by Eric Gill. As a YMCA it included a 300-person hall, a large gym, classrooms, library, reading and games rooms. Currently under demolition.
18-22 Walpole Theatre. This originally opened in 1908 as the Walpole Hall Roller Skating Rink designed by Alfred Burr. It was converted into the Walpole Picture Theatre in 1912 by J. Stanley Beard including a new facade faced in ceramic tiles. It was initially an independent cinema but was taken over by Odeon Theatres in 1936. It was closed by the Rank Organisation in 1972. It became a carpet shop and then a rehearsal studio. It was demolished in 1981 and Walpole House replaced it, later used by Thames Valley University. This block is now also likely to be demolished.
34-42 Temperance Billiard Hall. This was built by The Temperance Billiard Hall Co Ltd, a Pendleton; Lancashire based company founded in 1906 which built temperance movement billiard halls in London.
In the 1930s -70s a path at the east end of the road led to a small industrial estate. It included a garage, two 2 engineering works and a carpet cleaning works. The area is now largely car parking.
The east/west section was Craven Mews in the 1930s
3 Ealing Ex-servicemen’s Club
Bowling Green. There was a green and pavilion here before 1911 when The Ealing Conservative & Unionist Bowling Club was set up and by 1933 were owners of the site. They then built a new club house and have used the site ever since
Griffith Davies Hall. This was built in 1917 and sold in 1970. Connected to St.John’s Church. Griffith Davies was probably a local boy killed in 1916 in the Great War. The site is now housing.
Sunnyside Room. This was a meeting place for Brethren. It dated from at least the 1890s and closed in 1989.
1 Drama Studios London. Post graduate drama school.
15 Ealing and Acton District Synagogue. In 1919, David Assersohn and Mendel Kanal decided to start a shul and the Ealing & Acton Hebrew Congregation was established. They moved to Grange Road in 1923 with an Ark and fittings acquired from Hampstead Synagogue. In 1935 a hall was begun and a new classroom in 1962. They celebrated their 90th anniversary in 2009.
This street has gone and the area is part of the entrance to The Broadway Centre
Scout Hall. This has gone
St Saviour’s Church. This was built in 1885 and in 1909 a church house and church men’s room was added. It was destroyed by bombing in 1940. Nothing remains of it.
Buckell Hall. The site at the north end of Grove Road is marked as ‘St Saviours Church’ on 1893 maps. St.Saviour's itself was built two years later on a site to the west south of Grove Place. However on later maps in the 1950s this Grove Road site appears to be marked at ‘Buckell Hall’ which was the subject of an investigation into haunting by the BBC and is still shown in the 1960s. Fr Buckell was the first incumbent at St. Saviours.
This refers to a stretch of road north of Spring Bridge and the railway bridge and to a park composed of common land – this square covers only the southern section of both.
Haven Green is at an ancient crossroads where tracks to settlements to the north joined the old London road to Oxford. To the south another track ran to Brentford, the Bristol road and the Thames. The Green itself may have been a grazing used by cattle drovers on the Uxbridge Road. In 1838 Brunel’s Great Western Railway cut the Green in two. Development then accelerated. Ealing Local Board bought it in 1878 for public open space and planted horse chestnuts around the edge and also put a walk lined with London planes on the south side.
1 Haven Green Warehouse Studio. This building was apparently originally a stable. In the 1920s it was King and Chapman’s Ealing Garage and in the 1970s Haven Stables dance and jazz venue. It is now offices and studio space.
5 Police Station. This, used in titles of Dixon of Dock Green, was demolished for the Broadway Centre.
23 The Three Pigeons. This became part of the Rat & Parrot chain then a bar called Parkview. It closed around 2010
24-25 Drapers Arms. This was previously called O’Neills and before that Photographer and Firkin. It appears previously to have been shop premises.
46 Railway Hotel. This 1860s pub closed in 1937.
This is an old road
Victoria Hall. The Hall and its associated rooms were built as part of the Town Hall in 1893, paid for by public subscription and run as a charitable trust. It was designed by Charles Jones. It was named to commemorate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee and designed for use by various clubs and societies
Electricity substation. In the Second World War the main ARP Control Centre for the Borough of Ealing was located in the Borough electricity building
Plant House. Intertel (VTR Services) Ltd. was set up in 1962 to service American television networks for electronic production facilities in Europe. They were initially based at Plant House where they kept their scanners and had a small studio.
Ray Mouldings. Plastics moulding company in Plant House. They made items for expensive cars.
Public Baths. These were built here in 1884 and enlarged by 1908. They included swimming and slipper baths. New baths were built on a different site in the early 1980s and the original baths were demolished. Dickens Yard flats are now on the site built in 2018. The area covered by the flats also includes amenity buildings for both the baths and the fire station.
Fire engine station. This was designed by Charles Jones. Now part of the Dickens Yard development.
Railway Bridge. This is over the Great Western Railway main line and has pre-tensioned concrete beams on brick piers and abutments over two spans
King Edward Memorial Hospital. In 1911 this replaced a cottage hospital in Ealing Dene and was called after Edward VII who had died the year before. In the Great War it took servicemen and was greatly enlarged. A new wing was opened in 1927 and was extended again in 1937 and 1945. It joined the NHS in 1948 and Clayponds Hospital formed Ealing Hospital in 1973. In 1979 the Accident and Emergency Department closed, followed by the rest of the Hospital. It was demolished in the early 1980s and the site redeveloped for housing
12 Tin church founded by an excommunicated Catholic priest in 1914. He died in 1925 and it was used by the scouts.
8 Questers Theatre. In 1929, a drama group was formed calling themselves the Ealing Junior Arts Club but soon changed it to "The Questors". Their first Questors production was at the Park Theatre in Hanwell and they then moved to St Martin's Hall in Acton. They were then referred to the scout group at 12 Mattock Lane. They put on plays there from 1933 and bought the site in 1952. Following more fundraising a new theatre complex opened in 1964. It remains amateur and independent. The building includes what was the fascia of Walpole Picture Theatre which was re-erected against the side wall of a building.
Clifton Lodge School. Private ‘prep’ school
Entrance gates to Pittshanger Manor. This is a rustic, classical brick and flint archway by John Soane built in 1802 with contemporary iron gates.
Wall. This is a 10 ft high late 18th boundary wall in stock brick with stone coping
Town Hall. Ealing Town Hall. This dates from 1886 when land was bought from the Wood family for that purpose with a facade of Kentish rag. It was designed by Charles Jones using similar materials and style to the previous town hall. It also included the Victoria Hall, a public library, swimming baths and a fire station in an adjacent building. The present structure reflects several stages of development with the original building to the west with an entrance, turrets and a clock tower. There are extensions of 1913, by Jones, and of 1931 by George Fellowes Prynne. Inside is an ornate entrance hall where an imperial stone staircase leads to a first-floor council chamber
Church – Christ the Saviour. This is the parish church. As Ealing grew in the 19th a new parish of Christ Church was set up. The church dates from 1852 and was designed by Gilbert Scott. It was paid for by Rosa Lewis, daughter of a Liverpool merchant. In 1902 additions were made by G. F. Bodley paid for by Miss Trumper.
Memorial. In the churchyard is a memorial to Revd Joseph Hilliard who was the incumbent in 1859.
Christ the Saviour Primary School. The original Christ Church School was founded in 1872 as a parish school for boys of the new parish of Christ Church Ealing. The present school hall with the buildings at each end is the original buildings. In 1886 a school for girls was opened on the same site and the two were combined in 1926. In due course this became a ‘Voluntary Aided Church of England School’ managed by the Vicar and governors. Every ten years or so since the Second World War a new block of classrooms has been added. In 1951 the new parish of Christ the Saviour was created out of the former parishes of Christ Church and St Saviour’s. Christ Church was designated as a Middle School and St Saviour’s, in The Grove, was the Infant School. In 1993 Christ Church became a Junior School.
St Leonard’s Road
Ealing Lawn Tennis Club. This was founded in 1882 as "Ealing Lawn Tennis & Archery Club" and sited here. The ground was shared between the archery and tennis members. The first Club Gentlemen's Singles and Ladies Singles Championship was held in 1884. The club moved to Creffield Road in 1906.
St Mary's Road
13 Red Lion. Listed from 1825 in Fuller’s Brewery record, but mentioned in early 1700s. It is still a Fuller’s house.
University of West London. This can be traced back to 1860 when Lady Byron School was founded nearby and later Ealing College of Higher Education was on this site. A plaque on the building here describes this and Lady Byron’s enlightened approach to education. In 1990 Ealing College of Higher Education merged with other bodies to become the Polytechnic of West London which later became a university called Thames Valley University. In August 2010, it became the University of West London, with a focus on its Brentford and Ealing campuses.
Lady Byron’s School. This was in the stables of Grove House which stood on the site Ness House, Acacia House and Park House built by James Strudwick who had bought Grove House and demolished it. The stables remained standing and it was these which became the school. Lady Byron was the widow of the poet and the mother of Ada Lovelace. She founded the school in 1834 combining learning with practical skills. The first head had an Owenite background. The curriculum included drawing, carpentry, and gardening, for boys from the age of 6, mostly poor, were taken for 2d. a week and boarders from the age of 12. The school closed in 1852.
Ealing College of Higher Education. This began in the 1880s with art and science classes in Ealing Library. In 1929 they moved to the current site where there was already a school of arts and a technical institute. This became Ealing technical College and School of Art in 1937 and by 1977 was Ealing College of Higher Education.
Great Ealing School. This was once the largest private school in England. It dated from 1698.The school was then near St. Mary’s church and had a public school curriculum. The school moved to The Owls on the site of today’s Cairn Avenue. In 1874 it was a day school, with subjects including bookkeeping and physical science. It closed in 1908.
YMCA. This is a Christian charitable organisation that welcomes people of all faiths, and has an emphasis on young people and children. They also provide supported and unsupported housing, children's activities, youth work, development facilities, training and educational programmes. The building is behind an older garden wall left from an earlier vicarage which is replaced. It is in traditional brick with a corner tower built in 1982-5 by Hurley, Porte & Duell.
St Mary’s Vicarage. This was demolished in 1969.
Ealing Broadway Station. This is a major single-leveled interchange station. Opened in 1838 it is now the terminus of the District Line from Ealing Common and the terminus of the Central Line from West Acton. It lies between West Ealing and Acton Main Line on the Great Western Railway and between Paddington and West Ealing on Heathrow Connect. The Great Western Railway ran its initial section through here when it opened the line into Paddington but Ealing Station did not open until some months later. In 1879 the Metropolitan District Railway branch, now the District Line, was extended here from Turnham Green, and they built their own station on the east side of Haven Green with separate platforms north of the Great Western station. The original station was by J.Wolfe Barry in plain brick with a stationmasters’ house and a train shed. This station was replaced during the Great War. The District was electrified from 1905. In 1911 what had become the District Line Station was rebuilt by H.W.Ford with a two storey frontage in Portland Stone with shops, a steel and glass canopy and a clock. It was used as a shop in the 1960s. In 1920 Central Line services were added and a footbridge was built to link all the platforms in all the stations. The Great Western station was demolished in 1965. A new station was built on a concrete structure over a raft containing shops, a ticket hall and a high rise office building and it served all lines.
Great Western Railway freight line – this was built in 1913 as the Ealing and Shepherd's Bush Railway. It was also used by the Central Line.
42a Ealing Jazz Club is where the Rolling Stones played in 1962. Charlie Watts first met Brian Jones here and then, Alexis Korner introduced Mick Jagger and Keith Richards to Brian Jones, and the nucleus of the Rolling Stones first came together.[The site is opposite the station underneath an estate agents
Parish alms houses. These dated from 1783 and were built with profits from enclosures of the parish waste. They stood on the south side of the road om the west side of the Windsor Road corner. They were moved to Church Gardens in 1902.
45 The North Star. Dates from the 1850s
The Town House. This used to be called The Feathers Hotel previously the Plume of Feathers. Dates from the early 18th but rebuilt in 1891 by Edwin Stephens. It is now a bank.
2-3 Central Buildings. Chandlers pub closed
22 Ealing Theatre. This opened in 1899, designed by George G. Pargeter. It was rebuilt in 1906 as the Ealing Hippodrome Theatre. It became a full-time cinema in 1908 as the Broadway Cinema. In 1910, a smaller cinema next door was bought by the owners and from 1913 the buildings shared a common entrance. The Broadway Cinema was closed and became a dance hall. The Hippodrome was reequipped and re-opened in 1914 as the Broadway Palladium Cinema. In 1927 it was taken over by the Provincial Cinematograph Theatres who were themselves taken over by the Gaumont British Theatres chain who installed a Western Electric sound system. It was closed by the Rank Organisation in 1958 and demolished. It was replaced by shops.
Ealing Broadway Centre. Huge shopping mall owned by British Land which was designed by Keith Scott of Building Design Partnership in 1985 and opened by the Queen. It includes a public library. As a result of local pressure, the usual package of covered shops, offices, and car parks was designed to make a picturesque contribution to the town centre. The brick towers and turrets are said to evoke a continental medieval walled city.
Town Square. This is part of the Broadway Centre as a pedestrian area open to the sky. It has glass arcades on three sides and ornamental metalwork is by Giuseppe Lund as well as a grand staircase flanked by lift towers with pointed roofs. Offices – provide a backdrop.
This is an open green space crossed by paths with a number of mature trees. As common land the Green was the site of the 3-day Ealing Fair every June until 1880. It was taken over by Ealing Local Board in 1878.
War Memorial. in 1919, a war memorial was proposed and agreed to be on a site on the west side of the Green. An entrance to Walpole Park was made and the boundary wall was broken for a gateway which forms part of the memorial. A curved wall is inscribed with the names of the fallen and there are iron gates and stone piers topped with urns. It was designed by Leonard Shuffre with four urns from Elm Grove, the Ealing home of PM Spencer Perceval. The inscription read ‘In Proud and Grateful Memory of the men of this borough who laid down their lives in the Great War of 1914-1918’. It opened in 1921
1 The Grove Pub. This was the Horse and Groom in 1839 and earlier, prior to renaming as The Queen Victoria. IN 2010 is was called Finnegan’s Wake and is now the Grove
22 Chemist's shop which dates from 1902 but re-ordered in 1924. This considered to be original and is listed
Ealing Green High School. Ealing County Boys School was opened in 1913 on the site of the Hall, as a secondary school with art and technical classes in the evenings. It was later called Ealing Grammar School for Boys. It became Ealing Green High School in 1974 as a comprehensive. It closed in 1992 and became Ealing Tertiary College for young people over 16. In 2002 it became a branch of West London College. Ealing Green College is home to their Institute of Media, specialises in Digital, Creative and Science courses and equipped with a TV studio, photography darkroom, computer labs art studios and science labs,
St.Mary’s Building. This is now the Telephone Exchange and is a mid-18th house.
Jehovah’s Witnesses. They opened a Kingdom Hall in what had been, St. Mary's girls' School in 1950
St.Mary's Girls' School. This was built in 1861 as a small, gabled, group in polychrome brick, with patterned tiled roofs. It was a Church of England school funded with money left by Jane Rawlinson in 1712. The school house gave accommodation for the mistress. In 1819, it came under the National system. It was rebuilt here in rebuilt 1862 and extended in 1894. It Closed in 1926.
Welsh Cottage and Presbyterian Church. Margaret Lloyd George laid the foundation stone of Ealing Green Welsh Presbyterian chapel in 1908. The congregation had prviouslsy met at the YMCA on and then in Swift's Assembly Rooms. In 1952 a hall was added to for concerts, meetings and nurseries. In 1972, the Welsh chapel in Hammersmith united with Ealing Green and their war memorial plates are now on the back wall of Seion. There is also a memorial plaque for church members killed in the Blitz. The church is hidden down an alley and has a pretty iron overthrow
Ealing Green Church and Congregational Manse. These were designed by Charles Jones in 1859 in Gothic style with rag-stone dressing. It was originally a Congregational church but is now Methodist and United Reform. Behind it was the ‘Children’s Church’ built in 1926. There is now a church hall to the rear.
The White House. Under Sir Michael Balcon from 1938 to 1955 the White House was used as the Ealing Studio’s offices. Now Walpole Court flats.
Ealing Studios. In 1902 Will Barker bought West Lodge with four acres of grounds and The Lodge making this the oldest surviving film studios in the country. He made historical dramas, all filmed outdoors. In 1907 he built the first of three covered stages here. In 1920 the Studios were sold to General Film Renters and bought by Union Studios in 1929 who equipped them for talkies. The actual studios were to the rear. They partly incorporate The West Lodge which pre-existed on the site. The present sound stages were built in 1929-30 to the design of R. Atkinson. .It was then bought by Basil Dean who launched film careers for George Formby and Gracie Fields. Michael Balcon took over in 1938 and renamed the studios as Ealing Studios. Many famous films were made. A number of the original buildings have more recently been replaced by modern structures. In 1955 the BBC bought the studios and used them for TV classics. They also based engineering departments here. From 1995 the studios were hired out to various companies and sold in 1999. In 2007 The Met Film School moved there.
Blue Plaque to Michael Balcon.
The Lawn. Early 19th house in stock brick with coach house to match. It was acquired in the 1930s by Basil Dean who owned Associated Talking Pictures along with Michael Balcon.
Holinser Terrace. A footpath, recently rebuilt, leads to a complex of buildings at the rear of Ealing Green Church where there is a Montessori Nursery. There is also a hall for the 25th Ealing Scouts.
St Saviour’s School. This dates from 1864. Later St Saviour’s mission church was built on land adjacent to it and in 1895 the St Saviour’s church was added. After the church was destroyed in Second World War bombing its site was used for a new playground and school hall. Which was opened in 1962. A cross in the surface of the playground marks the site of the high altar . The school later became a Voluntary Aided Church of England School’ and became the parishes of Christ Church and St Saviour’s. After it had been merged the school became St Saviour’s Voluntary Aided Church of England First School sharing a Governing Body with St Christ Church, the Middle School in Springbridge. In 1993 they were separated and it became an Infant School. The school has been substantially remodelled with a new block for reception classes, a larger staff room and a nursery. An area was designated for staff parking and the grounds were planted with trees and shrubs along with a nature area
St Saviour's clergy House. This was once close to a now-demolished church, 1909 by G. H. Fellowes Prynne, with coloured brickwork, and a stepped gable over the entrance
29 Grove Hall. Gospel hall used by Brethren since 1875.
55 Kings Arms Pub. Built in 1897, with a corner turret,
National Westminster Bank. This was in 1874 as offices for Ealing Local Board Offices by their surveyor, Charles Jones. It is in Kentish rag with a tower. It was used for only 12 years when the new Town Hall was built.
Ealing Parish Church Hall. This stood on the corner with Ealing Green.
Ealing Grammar School for Girls. This opened in 1926 as a Girls Central School, changing later to a Grammar School. It moved to new premises in 1965.
Byron House School. This was opened by C.N. Atlee, ex master St. Mary's National school and of Ealing Grove. His son, Charles, continued it until 1886, when it was acquired by Dr. B. Brucesmith, who renamed it Ealing Grammar school and prepared boarders and day boys for the main public examinations. It closed in 1917
By the middle ages Uxbridge Road had become an important drovers’ road - the route along which sheep and other livestock were driven to market in London. This part of the road is lined with huge office blocks, which are constantly changed and rebuilt.
13-16 Perceval House. This was originally built as the Great Western Hotel in the 1980s but has been used as Council offices plus offices for NHS. It was named for assassinated Prime Minister, Spencer Percival whose daughters lived locally. This is in process of being replaced.
Filmworks. This was the Forum Theatre built for Herbert Yapp in 1934 taken over by Associated British Cinemas the next year. It was designed by J. Stanley Beard & Clare. It had a Compton 3Manual/9Ranks organ. It was renamed ABC in 1961, and has since been renamed Cannon, MGM, ABC, UGC, and Cineworld, Empire. It closed as the Empire Cinema in 2008 with plans for a new cinema which would also include the Walpole Cinema façade. The auditorium and foyer were demolished. After four years work had not begun and Ealing council purchased the site which will include flats as well as a cinema.
45 Clarks College. A branch of the college was at this address from 1910 and then at 95 and finally, until 1965, at 83. Clarks was taught “business skills” – i.e. shorthand and typing.
51 The Blue Triangle Hall stood at the rear here pre-1980 and appears to have been used for community events including early gigs for some famous names in 1960s/1970s music.
49a Little Acorns nursery. This is on the site of the Blue Triangle Hall. It appears to be a new building. It actually stands on a side road called Barnes Pikle
83 Ealing Independent College. This is a private tutorial college set up 1992, specialising in preparing students for entry into Medicine and Dentistry.
49-61 West Language London School. Private language school
61-63 Transworld Publisher, Penguin & Random House. Major book publishers
67-69 Police Station. This dates from 1965. I may be closed
Ealing Fire Station. This dates from 1933 and was built by Ealing Borough but later passed into Middlesex Fire Brigade. A plaque inside records its building.
52-58 Pitman’s College. College teaching typing and shorthand (Pitman’s shorthand!).
The park consists of the grounds of the 18th Pittshanger Manor which passed into public ownership in the early 20th along with the mansion. It is all currently being restored again.
Pittshanger Manor. There was a building here in the mid 17th. In 1711, it was owned by Jonathan Gurnell, a merchant. His son employed George Dance the Younger to alter the house. It was bought in 1800 by John Soane who demolished the building except for an extension and replaced it with his own design. He also had the grounds remodelled by John Haverfield. The mansion was used for Soane’s art collection until he sold the house in 1809 . In 1843 it was sold to politician Spencer Walpole and used as the home of the daughters of the assassinated Spencer Perceval. In 1900 it was sold to Ealing District Council following the last Miss Perceval's death. It was altered by the Borough Surveyor, Charles Jones, and in 1902 became a public library. The name Walpole Park was adopted in 1900. In 1984, the Library was moved and the manor house was reopened as a museum and cultural centre. Pittshanger Manor house has a three-bay façade from the Soane designed house. The southern wing was designed by George Dance the Younger. Borough Surveyor, Charles Jones, also built an extension as well as demolishing outbuildings and the servants' wing to the east. A new lending library was built which was replaced in 1940 by a larger one.
Art Gallery. Shows contemporary art and includes an exhibition of Martinware. Ealing Council owns the largest public collection of this in the country. It was produced by the Martin brothers in Southall
Rickyard Building. This is on the site of old cow sheds here in the 1800s. In 2014 t became an education centre and events space. It has a café, public toilets, as well as thee Park Manager's office and gardening equipment storage space. Children’s' play area is nearby
Windrush Garden, an oval bed is dedicated to passengers from the Caribbean who in 1948 arrived on the SS Windrush to work in England.
Memorial to Diana Spencer in a circular flower bed set in the lawn. Plus a silver birch planted in 1998.
Portland stone seat from the 19th decorated with a carved grotesque mask.
Bridge of rubble with flint and dressed-stone features on the southern parapet and in the three arches, the centre arch being the larger. Designed by Soane to look old to match faux Roman ruins which he built north of the house, the bridge crosses a small stream coming from a cascade to the west. The stream was part of a serpentine lake designed in 1800.
A monument to Charles Jones who was responsible for turning the private into a public park. It is a bronze portrait bust by Frank Bowcher.
Path planted with trees, each of which commemorates a past mayor of the borough.
Path planted with trees donated as memorials by members of the public
Wooden tennis pavilion
Lake. This is a stone-edged, elongated oval lake with a serpentine western edge and a small fountain between two islands with shrubs and trees. This dates from 1904 by Ealing Council and has been used as a model boating lake. The site matches that of an old field boundary and it may have been a drainage ditch. In 1865 there was a fishpond here.
Open-air theatre. This has now been demolished
Percival Lodge. Listed lodge house
Pittshanger Pantry. Cafe which replaced an earlier facility.
Kitchen garden. This is walled and entered by a classical doorway. There is a wooden pergola and it was reopened as a rose garden in 1920. Includes Soane's Kitchen café.
This road once ran from Grove Road to The Mall. It now runs only half that distance with the northern end essentially a footpath,
Methodist Church. This was built in 1869 By John Tarring. Since 1986 is has been the Polish Roman Catholic Church of 'Our Lady Mother of the Church'. It is in Kentish rag with a high tower and a spire.
Memorial Hall. Built 1925 in Art Nouveau Gothic.
British History On line. Web site
Broadway Centre. Web site
Campaign for Real Ale West Middlesex Branch. Web site
Capel Sion. Web site
Central Ealing Residents’ Association. Web site
Christ the Saviour School. Web site
Cinema Theatres Association. Newsletter
Cinema Treasures. Web site
Clifton House School. Web site
Clunn. The Face of London,
Day. London Underground
Drama Studios. Web site
Ealing Central United Bowls Club. Web site
Ealing Civic Society. Web site
Ealing Synagogue. Web site
Educating Ealing. Web site
Field. London Place Names
Friends of Haven Green. Web site
Historic England. Web site
History of TV Studios in London. Web site
London Borough of Ealing. Web site
London Gardens online. Web site
London Pubology. Web site
Lost Hospitals of London. Web site
Nairn. Nairn’s London
Pevsner and Cherry., North West London
Pub History. Web site
Questors Theatre. Web site
Subterranea Britannica. Web site
Taking Stock. Web site
Thames Basin Archaeology of Industry Group. Report
Walford. Village London
West London College. Web site