Thames Tributary Marley Stream
The Marley Stream rises in the area of Old Dagenham Park and flows south east to join the Wantz Stream
Post to the north Dagenham
Post to the west Goresbrook Park
Post to the east Dagenham East
Post to the south Fords
Swimming Pool. This opened on 29 July 1939, cost £30,000 and was designed by F.C. Lloyd. There was a children's pool and three concrete diving boards on a gantry. These were closed in 1978 season and demolished in 1980. The Pool closed in 1979 season, following frost damage and vandalism. It was demolished after 1984.
Part of a route which was originally called French Lane which ran between Barking and Dagenham but which was reconfigured by the Becontree planners. It had run north from Ripple Street, and then became Harbutt Street, which was a name for a local farm. As part of an old village area planners used it as a shopping centre
Admiral Vernon Pub. This was built in the late 1920s. It is an estate pub with its original plan and fittings. It is in the brewers half timbered ‘Tudor’ with a now disused off-sales shop. The counter fittings are original plus a pink terrazzo spittoon.
121 Dagenham Working Men’s Club
Dagenham Evangelical Free church opened 1931. Now Dagenham Community Church.
Dagenham Trades Hall
Church Elm Lane
Elms were grown for church repairs and for cash. The last remaining elm died of Dutch Elm disease in 1974.
Wrights House which belonged to John Comyns's charity was used as a workhouse between 1810 and 1836
Church Elm Lane Health Centre
1 Dagenham Library
1 Redeemed Christian Church of God. Have met here since the early 21st
Church Elm Pub. This had stood there from the 1840s and was a plain brick beer house. It was expanded and 'improved' by Edward Meredith in 1931 with two private bars, an off licence and a tea room and lounge . It was closed and demolished in 2008.
Dagenham Great Common
Joined the Little Common and went as far as Buttfield Close
Ford Road Children’s Centre. This is run by the London Early Years Foundation, a charitable company set up to provide childcare in Westminster in 1903
Village Infant School. Moved to this site in 1970 which it shares with the William Ford School
Ford Road Clinic. Closed
William Ford Church of England School. Ford's Endowed School. Founded in 1828 by William Ford, a local farmer. The school used a rented building near the church in Church Elm Lane but by 1841 there was enough money for a permanent school, and a teacher's house and later some branch schools were built in other parts of the area. The school began to get government grants and expanded. In 1909 the teacher's house was rebuilt as a school hall and in 1932 the school was re-organized for juniors. It became aided in 1951.
Heathway is a main street running north towards the heathland of Becontree Heath. Dagenham UDC promoted a shopping centre here close to Dagenham Heathway station to make up for the lack of one provided by the Becontree Planners
252 Link Centre on the site of the Odeon Dagenham. Built as the Heathway Cinema by Kay Bros. Kessex Cinemas Ltd. It opened in 1936 and was designed by George Coles. With the stepped ceiling like that at the Troxy and some art deco it had 2,200 seats. In 1943 it was taken over by Odeon Theatres Ltd. Chain and re-named Gaumont in 1949. As part of the Rank Organisation, it was re-named Odeon in 1964. It closed in 1971 and was converted into a B&Q DIY store. It was burnt down in 1983.
The Mall shopping centre built in the late 1970s and since expanded. In brick with flats above.
Dagenham Heathway Station. Opened in 1932 it now runs Between Dagenham East and Becontree on the District Line. It was opened by the London Midland Scottish and Metropolitan District Railway as ‘Heathway’. In 1949 it was renamed ‘Dagenham Heathway’ and in 2005 refurbished
Old Dagenham Park
Marley Stream rises, was called Maplin Ditch. The park was built in 1931 on some of the land of the manor of East Hall on fields called The Leys.
The southern part of this local park built along the Wantz stream. This section was originally the ornamental section of the park and laid out in the 1920s.
Rectory Library. Built in 1935 by E. C. Lloyd, Council Engineer and Surveyor. Art Deco with a porch and columns.
Royal British Legion (Dagenham Branch)
Age Concern. Park Centre
St. Mark’s Place
Built on allotments on the north side of the railway between Dagenham Heathway station to Pondfields Park. A footpath with a bridge over the tracks divided the site into two. At the east end of the allotment was rectangle marking an old gravel extraction site.