A SQUARE BY SQUARE LOOK AT LONDON
TQ48 63 An area of scattered farms and housing on the ourskirts of Halstead, including Knockholt Station and the A21.
The boundary crosses the M25 and the A224 southwards from the corner of Coneyearth Wood. It then turns sharp west to cross Wheatsheaf Hill and the railway. It then follows London Road westwards. And leaves it slightly before the junction to follow Sevenoaks Road south westwards.
Post to the west Pratt's Bottom
On the boundary
The name changes to Sevenoaks Road at the London boundary
On the London, Bromley side of the boundary
Knockholt Station 1876 Between Dunton Green and Chelsfield on South Eastern Trains. opened as ‘Halstead’ . In 1900 it was renamed ‘Knockholt’ apparently to avoid confusion with Halstead in Essex.
The name changes to London Road at the Kent boundary
On the Kent, Sevenoaks side of the boundary
Broke Farm Parade of shops
Broke Hill Golf Course. The club dates from the 1980s. The club house is the old farm house and oast.
In the 1930s building plots were laid out along here for a large estae, but it was never built because of the Second World War
Compilation of this work has taken many years and numerous sources of material.