House from where Lady Arabella Stuart escaped
House. Jebb built a small villa, described as 'a singular loggia in the Italian style', 3 by 40 ft, apparently an older building. He supplemented it with outbuildings and a library. This building later added to and altered by F.A. Bevan in 1894. Apart from the service wing, these 19th additions were demolished or disguised in 1926-31, when Sir Philip Sassoon M.P. transformed the house as a setting for his theatrical interests. His architect was Philip Tilden who added wings to the front and cased the house in red brick with stone dressings and a parapet. He used materials from the demolished Devonshire House, Piccadilly. During the Second World War the mansion became an interrogation centre for airmen. Then a Prisoner-of-war camp with the captured Afrika Corps General von Thoma. In 1952 it became a Middlesex County Council Teachers Training College and became part of Middlesex Polytechnic in 1974 and Middlesex University in 1992
Swimming pool framed by red brick Orangery
Orangery designed by Reginald Cooper
Garden statuary. Lead figures of Actaeon and Venus, from Wrest Park. A pair of lead sphinxes, by Nost, from Stowe. Two more lead groups, also from Stowe, by Nost after Giovanni da Bologna. Hercules and Autaeus by Nost c.1700. once considered at risk. Brought to the park in the mid-1920s from Stowe by Sir Philip Sassoon.
Stables and Courtyard. Jebb's outbuildings were replaced in the 19th. buildings on three sides with brick arches
Estate cottages. Built by R. C.L. Bevan between 1837 and 1890.
College Buildings. A scatter of indifferent buildings for the College of the 1950s onwards by the MCC, others by the Borough of Enfield, N. C. Dowell, 1972-4-
Lodge half- timbered 19th
Leeging Breek Gutter dammed to form the Fish Pond
Obelisk 1792 garden feature brought by Sassoon from Wrest Park, Bedfordshire; early 18th
Wisteria Walk a pergola with Italian columns 18th
Gates in a semicircular brick and stone exedra masking the lodge.