Ravenscroft School. 1955, Hundredth school in Herts since the war. County Council Architect's Department
The Grange. This was one of Totteridge's major 18th houses, with grounds covering the area of Grange Avenue. Rebuilt as flats after a fire in 1899, by Charles Nicholson, son of the owner. .
Grange House was the coach house and stables
'Tata's ridge' – ‘Taderege’ c.1150, ‘Taterig’e 1230. ‘Tatterigg’ 1251, ‘Tatteridge alias Totteridge’ 1608, from an Old English personal name referring to a ridge of high ground here rising to some 400 ft. Totteridge Green is marked thus on the Ordnance Survey map of 1822, likewise Totteridge Park which is recorded as ‘Tattridge Park’ c.1570. Part of the Green Belt it remains rural although there was a of building in the early 1920s. It is a scatter of buildings around the Green, and a ribbon of affluent houses along the old route named Totteridge Lane, Totteridge Village and Totteridge Common. This runs along a gravel ridge, with views towards London over open land. It was a medieval estate of the Bishop of Ely, and the dedication of the church was originally to Ely's patron saint, St Audrey or Etheldreda. In the 18th Totteridge was a tiny hamlet with a few big houses which have largely disappeared.
An attractive group of rural houses demonstrating the change from timber to brick buildings in the c16-c18.
Manor House, mid-Georgian house, in the grounds of Totteridge Park
Old Totteridge Farm early 19th farmhouse
St.Andrew. Rebuilt in 1790 by William Ketteridge, weather boarded bell turret, battlemented, with weathervane dated 1706. dates from 1706 and was kept from the previous church. Pulpit Jacobean, said to come from St Etheldreda, Hatfield.
Churchyard with remarkably large ancient yew tree 27 feet in girth and reputed to be a thousand years old, standing before its front porch,
Vicarage, By Charles Nicholson, probably his first building, 1892.
Barn 17th black barn weatherboarded
Copped Hall, Lord Lytton, Cardinal Manning born here. demolished in 1928. It had extensive grounds, relandscaping in the late c18 is attributed to Repton; a lake survives, now part of Darlands Nature Reserve.
St Andrews school. Rebuilt in 1938 by Wallis Gilbert & Partners It includes Kemp Hall, built for shared use with the parish. Extensions 1954, 1959.