Shown as ‘Bell Mount’ on Rocque's map of 1754, and as ‘Belmount’ on the Ordnance Survey map of 1822, another “beautiful hill' from Old French ‘bell’ and ‘mont’. There is a marked hill here of some 344 ft.
Belmont Primary School 1938
Essoldo Cinema 1930s demolished 1970 and replaced by a supermarket.
Built by the Earl of Chandos. James Brydges owned the big house at Cannons and had a vast amount of money. He didn’t like the western view from the house so in the 1720s he built a hill called Belmont and put a summer house on it.
Belmont Terrace. Cottages of 1820s.
Line to Stanmore. Siding to the north of Kenton Lane, used for the transfer of Marylebone rubbish.
Belmont Station. 12th September 1932. Opened by the London Midland and Scottish Railway on single track of the Harrow/Stanmore branch. It was on the north side of Kenton Lane west of Belmont Circle, and built as a halt at the Junction of Kenmore Avenue and Weston Drive. Initially it had a wooden hut, and a wooden shelter. In 1937 it was rebuilt as a station with an island platform, a footbridge and a centrally heated waiting room. It was closed in 1964 and demolished 1966.
Siding put in for building materials.
Kenton Lane Farm. Built as a model farm by James Loudon. Buildings survive.
Kenton Recreation Ground, Owned by Middlesex County Council
St Anselm. Built 1938 using materials from demolished church in Davies Street, Mayfair