Merrow

 

Trodds Lane

St.John Merrow Church. Very largely rebuilt in 1842 and restored in 1881, when the north aisle was added, preserves the arch of the Norman north doorway, a porch with a 15th-century carved barge-board and a massive south arcade of the 13th century. a building in the Norman and later styles with a spire, clock, and six bells. This church was rebuilt and restored. The parish consists largely of open downs

Churchyard graves of the Onslows of Clandon

Horse and Groom.  1615

Merrow House, 1800

Levysdene. Shapeless 17th site sold for building in the 1960s.

Highfield.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

Phillibrook Stream - Leytonstone