Marden Park

 

Carr’s Croft

Marden Park

Ferocious Victorian House 188 in polychrome brick. . Sir John Evelyn sold the estate in the 1670's to Sir Robert Clayton, a city financier who became Lord Mayor of London. It remained in the Clayton family but was burnt down in 1879. It was bought by Greenwell in 1906. Now, as Roehampton Park, it is a girls' boarding school.

Stables 18th

Convent of the Sacred Heart was Marden Park house and taken over by convent from Roehampton. A new mansion was built here in 1677, but it was destroyed by fire in 1879.  The Victorian house which replaced it now houses the Convent of the Sacred Heart girls' school.

Paddock Wood

Rookery

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

Phillibrook Stream - Leytonstone