This was the first Chartist village, set up in 1846/7 by Fergus O'Connor's Cooperative Land Company and originally called O'Connorville. Thirty-five cottages each had up to four acres of land, with narrow lanes for access. The company was deemed illegal and dissolved by Act of Parliament in 1851. O'Connor died insane


Popular posts from this blog

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town

Bromley by Bow

South Norwood