Baldwyn's Folly. Mine started during the 19th. In the 20th a collapse led to a crater in the field above, which was locally called 'the cup'. Said to be heavily timbered inside. The entrance was deliberately collapsed in 1931 by the Council as a hazard. The remains of a drift entrance beside the sunken track at are the only trace of it.
Hearthstone was extracted by opencast tn the dell near Cob Hill mine.
Devil’s Hole. A location extensively undermined by building-stone quarry tunnels. There are a number of entrances. No evidence has for quarrying here earlier than the 17th despite a Roman road passing nearby. Quarrying, mining and underground mushroom farming here into the 1950s
Godstone Godstone Hill
Godstone is built on the Folkestone beds of the Lower Greensand and sand has been dug until recent times. The lower sand is white, silver sand. in the early 20th century silver sand was extracted underground.
Godstone stone is reputed to have been used in the Tower of London and Windsor Castle, as well as the wall of Godstone Place. Aubrey, in 1673, refers to 'excellent Quarries of Freestone.
Quarries appear to have been abandoned when Quarry Dean opened
Winders Hill Mine. An entrance can be seen under the track way which leads from Godstone to Marden Park. It was the eastern end of a tramway which led downhill.
Warehouse. Timber cutting was an important industry in Tandridge.The warehouse was developed from former sawmills which survived into the 20th .
Stone Quarry quarry on the road to Quarry Farm. There were two kinds of stone: a soft white stone which was cut into blocks for whitening doorsteps etc., the dust was sold to make Blanco etc. Also a hard hearthstone used for paving, building and furnace lining. Both were pulled out of the mine on trolleys dragged by ponies. The hearthstone was stacked and left to harden then carted to Caterham Station for dispatch. The soft stone was packaged quickly. air. the quarry floor was filled in during the 1950s and no trace of the workings is visible. public weighbridge but the dual carriageway now covers its site.
Marden Castle. noted in 1869 and in 1902 as a previous home of the Archbishops of Canterbury and St James of London. It is more likely to be a folly, used to house estate workers in the early 20th.
In the grounds is St.James’ Well.