Bramley Sports Ground,
Middlesex County Council open space
Oak Hill Park (at East Bamet) Bamet. Marked as Oakhill Park on the
Ordnance Survey map of 1887, named from Oak Hill 1822, earlier
called Ie Monkejrifh 1273, Monkynfrythe 1536, Oak hill heretofore called
MonclcCTi Frieth or Monkham Frieth 1790, that is 'woodland of the monks',
from Old English fyrhth(e) and Middle English monken 'of the monks'.
The reference is to the monks ofStAlban's Abbey who once owned the
manor of East Bamet (see BARNET). The old name is preserved in the
local street names MONKFRITH CLOSE & WAY.