Hounslow East

 this post has not been checked or edited

Bridge Road

Pear Tree Estate, Heston and Isleworth electricity generating plant

Beldam Packing and Rubber Company

Eversley Crescent

Laid out by 1855, and nearly a hundred houses were up b 1887.

Kingsley Road

Hounslow East Station. 2nd May 1909 as ‘Hounslow Junction’. Between Osterley and Hounslow Central on the Piccadilly Line  The District Line between Hounslow Central and Osterley had been reopened following closure of the unsuccessful loop arrangement to ex-Hounslow Town. This new station was initially called ‘Hounslow Town’ and the old Hounslow Town station and its two loop tracks were closed for good.  It is a garden city style building with Tudor chimneys by District Line architect H.W.Ford  but the style made growth very difficult. In 1925 the station was given its present name at the same time that Hounslow West and Hounslow Central received their current names. In 1933 the Piccadilly Line services was  extended to run to Hounslow West. In 1964 District Line services were withdrawn . In 2000s rebuilt with a modern glass enclosed ticket.. Not rebuilt with other stations on the line in 1930s. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

Phillibrook Stream - Leytonstone